February 12, 2016
Once it becomes a habit, singing makes boring responsibilities more enjoyable for your little ones. What’s more, it could also make the difference between a chore and a pleasant task. You’ll be surprised by how happy and proud it can make your child!
Tips for a motivating and lively song:
- Create a new song together;
- Go for a catchy tune you and your kid already know and love;
- Personalize your song by adding your child’s name;
- Add some gestures to the lyrics;
- Play with the tones and intonations;
- Adapt the rhythm of your song to the speed of your kid (he or she will probably try to make you go faster);
- Be positive and dynamic;
- Don’t do your kid’s task;
- Ask your child’s daycare teacher what nursery rhymes are used during the day to get ideas from what your kid already knows;
- Remember to set the example: sing with your child!
In the end, you can make everyday situations like putting away the toys, cleaning your hands, brushing your teeth, taking a bath, dressing up and leaving for daycare much more entertaining for your little one! In addition to creating a routine, you also make these tasks feel less like a burden! Your child will now see them like a fun time, and will complete his or her tasks a lot faster… in the time it takes to sing a song!
Mélissa Houle, At-home Educator
Member of the Nanny Secours network
Making time for reading in our structured, busy lives isn’t always obvious... but it can be done with a little help. Here are some pointers from Julie Provencher on how to integrate reading to your daily routine and family traditions!
Written by: Julie Provencher
Categories : EducationJanuary 5, 2017
Presentation of the “Célébration 50 pour 50” Event ― Universitas Instigates a Magical Meeting of Mommy-Bloggers
Written by: Universitas
Categories : EducationJune 19, 2014