I Am a Client

For subscribers (person who opened the account)

How do I activate my Client Space account?

To register and activate an account, you must be the subscriber or beneficiary of an RESP with Universitas. Click on the “MY CLIENT SPACE” section in the box on the right side of the screen.

You can register with or without your ID number. Simply follow the step-by-step registration instructions. It’s easy and convenient!

How do I change my contact or banking information?

Log in to your Client Space; you can then edit your information.

I just received my child’s social insurance number (SIN). How do I send you this information?

The safest way to send us a SIN is through your secure Client Space. Register or sign in to your account using the six-digit ID number you received when you opened your RESP.

Where can I view my RESP account balance?

Your Client Space allows you to follow your account activity, view your current balance, and access all your statements. Everything you need to know about your RESP account is just a few clicks away—anytime, anywhere.

I’d like to make a change to my contract. Who do I contact?

Please contact our Customer Service team to make any of the following changes to your contract:

  • Change of subscriber
  • Change of beneficiary
  • Temporary interruption of contributions
  • Decrease in the amount of your contributions
  • Plan cancellation

Our team is there to listen and support you. Our agents will be attentive to your needs and provide the necessary information and guidance to ensure you make a well-informed decision.

What is an ID?

The ID refers to your personal identification number. Both the subscriber and the beneficiary are issued an ID at the time the scholarship plan is opened. This number is indicated on your account statements and on any correspondence sent by Universitas Financial.

Refund of contributions (ROC)

What steps must I follow to receive my refund of contributions (ROC)?

Universitas notifies RESP subscribers in a timely manner that their plan will soon reach maturity. Subscribers can then request a refund of contributions (ROC) online via their Client Space account.

What documents must I provide to make sure my beneficiary keeps the grant money accumulated in the RESP?

When the time comes to apply for your refund of contributions, send us one of the following documents to ensure the government grants you have received are kept in the plan:

  • Letter of acceptance (conditional or official) for admission to a post-secondary program
  • Recent proof of enrolment in a post-secondary educational program (issued in the last 6 months)
  • A class schedule for the current or upcoming semester
  • Proof of tuition payment for the upcoming semester
Will I be taxed on the refunded contributions I receive?

No, not one cent!

Only educational assistance payments (EAPs) are considered taxable income for the beneficiary for the year in which they are received. But in most cases, students are in a low tax bracket and therefore pay little or no tax on EAPs.

For the beneficiary (student)

What qualification criteria must I meet to receive educational assistance payments (EAPs)?

Please refer to the charts below for the EAP qualification criteria under each plan:

individual qualification criteria chart

universitas qualification criteria chart

reflex qualification criteria chart

I’m ready to apply for my first EAP! What steps must I follow?

Once a beneficiary qualifies for an EAP, the next step is to submit a request online.

Requests for EAPs from the REFLEX Plan or the UNIVERSITAS Plan must be completed and submitted online through the beneficiary’s Client Space. Under the INDIVIDUAL Plan, subscribers must submit EAP requests through their online account.

What documents must I submit with my application to receive an educational assistance payment?

The following documents are needed to process a request:


  • Official transcript of grades
  • Proof of enrolment in post-secondary studies issued in the last 6 months


  • Proof of enrolment* in post-secondary studies issued in the last 6 months

*Documents submitted as proof of enrolment must include the name of the beneficiary, the name of the program of study, and the name of the educational institution. Examples of documents accepted as proof of enrolment include a confirmation of registration, a certificate of school attendance, a class schedule (current or upcoming semester), or proof of tuition payment for an upcoming semester.


  • Current account balance
  • Contract and statements
  • Update contact and banking information
  • Educational assistance payment requests
  • Make additional contributions